Friday, June 13, 2008

The process begins...

                                              

Before...

After...

I have completely removed the belly pan and cleaned it (see the before and after picture above)...I will now move on to phase 2...I have received several recommendations from my post at Air Forums, some of which I didn't want to hear, for example, Insideout stated, "My guess is that if there is mouse pee in the floor insulation, it's also in the wall insulation."  I don't want to have to remove the walls...but I might have to (I regret stating the other day that I am a "project guy" and needed a project...I don't need no stinkin' project!).

Anyho...here is the plan for phase 2:
  1. As suggested by 62overlander, remove all the insulation from the floor.
  2. As suggested by HowieE, check for floor rot using an ice pick around the C channel.
  3. As suggested by Overlander63 and Sariahjoy, I went out and purchased some enzyme that is designed to remove the urine smell.  I purchased a product called "Urine Gone", it comes with a fancy black light stain detective...and since I own an Airstream, I like shiny things, and lights are shiny...so I bought this product...(man, I am a marketers dream).  I will spray it on...wait one week and spray on another application.  I will update the blog to let everyone know if it works, or if the "As seen on TV" claim is junk...
  4. As suggested by Wabbiteer, I will paint on a coating of Kilz stain blocker to the underside of the flooring.  I will also remove all ductwork in the flooring and clean that out...one of my favorite quotes from his post, "my ductwork had dung dunes built up."
  5. As suggested by Insideout, remove my walls and then the insulation in the walls...I don't want to do this...I don't want to do this...I don't want to do this (I hope if I write that enough the smell will go away and I won't have to)
  6. As suggested by ME, pray and hope the smell goes away!

2 comments:

Frank Yensan said...

I want to be the voice of reason... ha, that is funny, the hippie wants to be the voice of reason. Your project is headed for terminal velocity. They all need what you are doing, and the more you do, the more you will need to do. I started just like you with that perfect trailer that needed just a little cleaning up. You have read my blog, It went all the way to eleven. If you go climb under, lay on your back and look very close along the back wall. If you look with a sharp tool you will find the next hurtle you are going to encounter... go do it, I'll wait..... oh, your back. They all have it. Do not worry, you can fix it and when you are done, you will be so proud of what you have done. Hippie reality....

Uber said...

Man Frank, your depressing me! I don't wanna talk with you any more.