Sunday, June 22, 2008

Frustration...


So a little over one week ago I ordered some rivets from Vintage Trailer Supply to reattach my belly pan...I was ready.  I took the advice of Tim from the Vintage Airstream Podcast and purchased an Air-Hydraulic Rivet Gun from Harbor Freight.  He mentioned on one of the earlier episodes that he got one and it made installing his belly pan a lot easier...and if Tim suggests it...I'm gonna do it!  (No, there are no subliminal messages in that podcast whatsoever).
I drilled out all the old rivets and I was ready to go.  It was going to work out real nice because the rivets were scheduled to arrive on Friday, this would give me the weekend to get 'er done!
I sat at my house Friday afternoon anxiously awaiting the delivery guy...waiting...waiting...waiting.  At about 6pm I decided to check the tracking info.  I checked the info and the website stated that my package had been delivered...strange...  Maybe the delivery guy put on his or her super-stealthy outfit and delivered them un-noticed.  I opened the door with eager anticipation...nothing!  I thought, "no big deal...I'll just call the delivery company and they can track it down."  Have ya every tried to contact a business on a Friday night!!!  In this day and age of 24-hour internet service I would have thought it would have been easier.  Needless to say, when I finally did get to talk with a real person (2 hours later) all they told me was I needed to contact the shipper...and do you think Vintage Trailer Supply is open at 10pm on a Friday night...of course not...they are not even open on the weekend.
So I sit here, frustrated and unable to complete my weekend project for my beautiful Airstream...looking in every possible hiding spot that a package of rivets could hide...calling all my neighbors, hoping that they had accidentally received my sought after rivets...depressed over a tiny bag of rivets.

1 comment:

Frank Yensan said...

be glad they were not back ordered....
vintage Trailer supply has done nothing but treat me right. I think they deserve weekends off, night too. Now as far as that thing you bought from "that place" hope it works out for you. It did not for me and I returned it for a full refund.