Thursday, June 26, 2008

I LOVE Vintage Trailer Supply!!!


So over the weekend I had an issue with my rivets not being delivered to the correct address...if you recall I was pretty frustrated.  On Monday I called Vintage Trailer Supply and talked with Kim and explained the situation.  She informed me that she would hunt down the package to ensure I receive my items.  I expressed my concern that it may take several days...and she agreed.  So I asked if I can just cancel my order and get a refund and she told me that wouldn't be a problem.  I asked if I would also be refunded my shipping costs, at this point she stopped and stated that she wasn't sure because this had never happened before, however she would check on it.
I hung up the phone and went out to a local hardware store and bought my rivets.  As soon as I returned home there was an email waiting from Kim at Vintage Trailer Supply that read:
  • Hi Chuck,
    We just talked on the phone a little while ago.  We were very sorry to hear that UPS lost your package.  We have canceled your order and refunded the price of your order, (including your shipping charge), as you requested. We applied a credit of $18.11 to your Mastercard ending in the numbers ****.  We will take care of the UPS claim for the lost package.  We are very sorry for the inconvenience.  Thank you for your business.
    -- 
    Kim Greeno
    Vintage Trailer Supply
    800-644-4620 x1
    http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com
This reply made me VERY happy because I didn't want to "fight" about a couple bucks, however, since I was frustrated, I had my fists up and was ready to rumble.
The above email and the customer service from establishments like Vintage Trailer Supply is what makes the Airstream community so wonderful...and the next day I ordered about $100 worth of stuff I didn't really need from VTS just to show my appreciation.
Thank you Kim and Vintage Trailer Supply for all that you do!!!

1 comment:

Frank Yensan said...

I LOVE VINTAGE TRAILER SUPPLY!!!!!! They have treated me like family every time I order from them. I feel good about spending my money with them. Wait till you rebuild your windows... steve will take care of making sure you get all the right seals and gaskets for your year. I will have the pleasure of meeting them all face to face in two weeks.