Monday, June 8, 2009

That '70s Guy

Throughout the weekend at Oak Grove Resort, we met some wonderful individuals including a Tin Can Tourist that parked his ’68 Buick Wildcat in front of our ’68 Surfin’ Safari. We also camped next to a guy who is in the process of restoring a 70’s Ambassador.

As we were talking, he was marveling over the condition of the Safari and couldn’t believe how original it was. I too, am very happy that the only thing we have had to change are the cushions and covers for the gaucho and couch. However, I have always wanted to strip an Airstream down to the shell and do a complete restore and build it “my way”…but after looking into his eyes…

…I truly appreciate the condition of the Safari. I don’t have to replace the floor…I don’t have to worry about making sure the refrigerator works…and the furnace, don’t even get me started on that.

As he was camping in an SOB, I was able to sit in the Safari, show her off and enjoy the weekend with my family.

…However…it would be really cool to get another trailer and build her up…and of course, I would have the Safari to go camping with…hmm…

2 comments:

nmbosa said...

Chuck, I just found your blog today while reading Frank's update on Anna Lumanum. You are damn funny. Great blog! I love the polishing video.
Norm

Uber said...

Thanks a lot...I can't wait to read through yours...more videos on the way!