Sunday, September 14, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring, The Old Man is Snoring...

Well like much of the midwest it's raining here in southwest Michigan.  I have not been able to do any polish work on the trailer due to the weather...in fact I discovered some extra work I will now need to complete.
As Colin says in the Vintage Airstream Podcast, "They all leak!" I too have a leaky trailer.  There is some good news however...with all the rain, I know exactly where my leaks are and they will be easy fixes...well as easy as anything can be when working on a 40 year old trailer.  It seems as if all the leaks are around the windows.  All i will have to do is order some new gaskets from Inland RV, tear out the old ones, place a bead of the 3M Super Weather Strip Adhesive, and attach the news ones...easy breezy...right...















Well as a side note, i finally ordered a copy of Wanderlust from Overstock.com to add to my expanding Airstream library.  I couldn't pass up the deal, including shipping the cost was about $28.  Now if I can just get my hands on the DVD that came with the first edition.

1 comment:

Frank Yensan said...

half.com and Vintage Trailer supply... they get my money, a lot.