Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm Baaaack!

Whew! What a wild last month or so...as you may recall from my last post (which is over a month old!) I was injured in a mountain biking accident. It turned out to be a little more serious that was initially thought...in fact I couldn't even type...Well anyways...I'm back.


A little update on my condition...

I was injured on July 1
1th and I ended up breaking a couple ribs, shattered my collar bone into about a zillion pieces (the x-ray is after 4 weeks of recovery) and pulled a gazillion muscles in my hip...there was original fear of a broken hip or pelvis, but I got lucky.

This all happened about two weeks before our scheduled family vacation...a vacation in which we were going to travel about 1,200 miles in the good 'ol Surfin' Safari...Well as you guessed it...that didn't happen.  Instead we went on vacation...stayed in hotels, etc and enjoyed our family time.  However, I had to make one promise to my wife...no big mountain bike rides within four weeks of vacation.

Fast-forward to now...
I am 80% healed and can begin my work on the Surfin' Safari...yahoo!  In fact we plan on going on a trip to Northern Michigan in her over Labor Day weekend.  So over the next week I have a couple small project that need to be complete and I have finally decide that YES, I am going to polish her...I know what your all thinkin'...your CRAZY...that's a lot of work...man, what are you thinkin'!  However, it's gotta be done...kinda some sort of sick Airstream initiation...and I am now commited to it...in fact I ordered some stripper and polish from Vintage Trailer Supply as well as some polishing pads from Perfectpolish.com.  I hope to begin the work in the middle of September once my collarbone in a little stronger so I can really git 'r down right!

As I mentioned before, I will be completing a couple of smaller projects over the next week, so stay tuned...


2 comments:

Frank Yensan said...

Glad to here you were not abducted by aliens as I thought might have happened.

Uber said...

Well I never said that I wasn't abducted...